In 2016 I’ve been involved with many writing projects (& reports) and so the blog took something of a back seat. So, still at number one in the top ten most visited psychology, coaching and confidence posts of 2016 is the body language post. However it’s amazing that I often hear the body language repeated as if fact. So maybe there are still a few more years’ worth of sharing left in it! Apart from the Orange, Silver, Purple, and Month poem (don’t ask), many of the posts are based on tools and techniques I use in my coaching practice, which have also found their way into my books:
- Body Language Myth: The 7% – 38% – 55% Rule.
- What Does “Don’t wait for your ship to come in, swim out to meet it. Mean?
- Psychological Hardiness, the Confidence to Embrace Change, and Coaching.
- What Rhymes with Orange, Silver, Purple, and Month?
- Why You Shouldn’t Ask Why? And What Open Questions You Should Use Instead.
- A Simple Technique for Dealing with Overwhelming Negative Thoughts and Feelings.
- Tips for Handling Compliments and Praise ( – giving, receiving and why it’s important).
- Three Top Tips: How to Get the Most from a Self Help Book.
- Why There’s No Such Thing as “”Too Much Confidence” or “Over-Confidence.
- Self-Disclosure: Too Much, Too Little, Just Right? Are You an Open or Closed Book?
The most popular page visited on the blog is What is Solution Focused Coaching? This is usually visited as a prelude to people getting in touch to find out how the solution focused coaching approach would help them with goals. Although 2016 has been viewed as ‘a bit of a disaster’ by many, I’m still amazed and humbled by the clients I have worked with. Many of them set themselves ‘making a difference’ goals and many have achieved some amazing results despite the doom and gloom pervading 2016. For many of them, this became an added motivation at a time when the world needs more people who make a positive difference.
I’m looking forward to working with more courageous people in 2017! And if you’d like to find out how solution focused coaching can help you, your goals and your organization, then do get in touch.
Best Wishes and Bright Moments