I’ve gathered my student-focused study skills based post into one convenient place. They cover most things from lectures, exams and revision as well as essay writing. As a psychology student,I have used these techniques myself and they have served me well. As a psychology lecturer, I’ve taught them to countless students too. Many of the principles are informed by evidence-based psychology, teaching theory and learning practice. They also form the basis of academic coaching I offer to students (see link below).
- A Letter to New Students – How to Study (for Success)
- Writing Good Essays: First Impressions Count (. . . and gain you marks)
- Writing Good Essays: First Impressions Count (. . . and gain you marks) – Part Two
- Writing a Critical Essay Does Not Mean “Rip to Shreds” Armed only with an Introductory Textbook
- Preventing Mental Fatigue – Good Study Habits
- Study Skills Top Tips
- Music to Study By