Gary Wood has published in academic journals such as The British Medical Journal and The Psychologist, to educational publications to Times Higher Education Supplement to lifestyle magazines such as Cosmopolitan and more! Gary is also the author of three personal development self-help books, with the emphasis on evidence-based psychology (Buy: Amazon UK / Amazon USA ):
- Letters to a New Student – is a study skills book with a twist – you choose how to read it. And, it’s not just for students. It’s for parents, teachers, counsellors and anyone interested in lifelong learning. Read more. . .
- The Psychology of Gender – is a short volume providing a brief, critical introduction to issues around gender identity. It aims to bridge the gaps between everyday-understanding, pop-psychology, and academic writing. Read more. . .
- Unlock Your Confidence – offers a complete solution-focused, confidence and esteem building programme, introducing Confidence-Karma and how we can build confidence by putting the social conscience back into self-help. Read more. . .
- Don’t Wait For Your Ship to Come In . . . Swim Out to Meet It! – with the subtitle ‘Tools and Techniques for Positive Lasting Change’ it offers a complete personal development in self-coaching, motivation and goal setting. Read more. . .
- Sex, Lies and Stereotypes – it offers a challenge to binary thinking around sex and gender and invites you to reappraise how you view women, men and relationships. Read more. . .
- Buy these books at Amazon Store (USA)
- Buy these books by at Amazon Store (UK)
Author Biography – About Gary Wood
Dr Gary Wood (Bsc[Hons], PgC, PhD, FHEA, CSci, CPsychol, AFBPsS) is a social psychologist, personal development (life) coach and broadcaster. He has taught psychology and learning skills in several UK universities and regularly appears on radio and television offering expert analysis and coaching tips. He has been an agony uncle for magazines and websites and is widely quoted in the press. Gary is a Chartered psychologist, a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy, a Chartered Scientist and a Chartered Member of The British Psychological Society’s Special Group for Coaching Psychology. He runs his own coaching and training practice and research consultancy in Birmingham and Edinburgh. In his spare time he eats, sleeps, reads and occasionally sings.